Scanlytix. values its relationships with you as a client, investor or other member of the public and is committed to the protection of your personal information. As of January 1, 2016, we intend to meet our obligations under private sector privacy laws.
Various provincial, and federal laws, in Canada govern the collection, use and disclosure by Scanlytix of personal information used for a commercial activity.
In order to comply with these laws, we will:
- Obtain consent for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information, except when inappropriate (e.g. in an emergency or when consent would compromise the availability or accuracy of the information). We will obtain your consent in a form appropriate to the sensitivity of the information and allow you to modify or withdraw your consent.
- Collect personal information only for reasonable purposes and only as much as is reasonable for those purposes. Except when inappropriate, we will collect personal information directly from you and inform you of how we will use and disclose the information.
- Use and disclose personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected, unless you consent to a new use or the privacy laws permit use or disclosure without consent.
- On request, provide you with information about the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and provide access to that information, if reasonable. On request, we will correct information that is inaccurate, other than opinions.
- Ensure that any personal information is as accurate as necessary for the collection purposes; ensure that personal information is secure; and keep the information only as long as reasonable for business and legal reasons.
- Designate an individual to make sure that we comply with privacy laws and make information about our management of personal information available on request.
Purposes for Collection, Use, and Disclosure
When we collect personal information from our clients, investors and other members of the public, it will be used and disclosed for the following purposes to:
- establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with you.
- understand your service and/or project needs.
- develop, enhance, market or provide products and services to you.
- manage and develop our business and operations.
- meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When you voluntarily give us your personal information and we only use or disclose it for the above purposes, you are giving us your implied consent. If we intend to use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than those above, we will seek your express consent.
If you object to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information for the above purposes, please scanlytix’s privacy officer.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, by giving us reasonable notice.
If you have questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, you may contact scanlytix’s privacy officer.
Protection of Personal Information
Scanlytix will use reasonable security safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, loss, modification or destruction. Scanlytix’s employees will continue to follow Scanlytix ‘s long-standing Confidentiality policy as well as other security policies and procedures.
Access and Correction Requests
Anybody can request access to their own personal information and can also request correction of an error or omission in their personal information. In responding to an access request, we may have to sever some personal information in accordance with the exception provisions in the legislation.
Requests for access to or correction of your personal information should be made in writing to Scanlytix ‘s privacy officer.
- Alberta The Commissioner may be contacted at:
#401, 9925 – 109 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2J8
Ph: (780) 422-6860
- Canada For complaints under PIPEDA, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at:
112 Kent Street
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 1H3
Ph: (613) 995-8210